With students learning remotely and in-school volunteering suspended until further notice, SSV recognizes that more than ever, students need ongoing academic and social/emotional support. We have restructured our programs and are working with schools to enable volunteers to connect with students remotely.
If you are ready to get started, vist our Forms page to access the required forms.
SSV serves the students of the Springfield Public Schools through our core programs:
- Mentoring – Encourage students to reach their highest potential by sharing your time, talents, and experiences.
- Academic Support – Support students by providing remedial skills in core subjects and unlocking resources for student enrichment.
- Virtual Book Club – Promote a love for literature and a positive attitude towards reading.
- Read Aloud – Read to an elementary school classroom once a month. (This program is temporarily suspended.)
Our programs are designed to:
- Bring in the resources of the community
- Encourage academic excellence
- Enhance the school climate
- Provide positive role models
- Reinforce and support the strategic priorities of the school district