The mission of Springfield School Volunteers is to facilitate learning-focused community involvement in support of the Springfield Public Schools’ goal of ensuring that every child attain a high level of academic achievement.
Springfield School Volunteers (SSV) is a non-profit organization that has been matching the resources of the community with the needs of the Springfield Public Schools since 1969. Our focus is to provide academic support to Springfield’s public school students in alignment with the school district’s priorities.
- help students to improve academically
- enrich the learning experience and
- provide encouragement, guidance and motivation.
There are more than 25,000 students in the Springfield Public Schools who can benefit from the support of a caring volunteer. Here are some ways YOU can help:
- Mentor – be a caring friend and guide to a young person
- Academic support – help a child with an academic subject
- Read Aloud – read to an elementary school classroom once a month
SSV also screens potential volunteers interested in serving in other capacities, including:
- field trip chaperones
- Science Fair judges
- career speakers
- PTO members